Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Untagged PDF created by QuickPDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zbrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Untagged PDF created by QuickPDF
    Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 7:27PM
I am using Delphi 2010 and QuickPDF 7.24.

I create an entire 3 page PDF without any issues, but when I attempt to open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader I get a Untagged Document window requiring me to answer a series of questions.  Then the 1st page is missing all the information.  
Does anyone know how to create a Tagged document with QPDF ?

I'm also trying to figure out how to make the 3 page document readonly or something like that.  Each time I open the document and then close it I am prompted to save it, then it brings up the Save As... dialog box and I have to go thru this process each time I view the document with Reader.  I don't want to create a PDF with update fields, it is a report that just needs to be viewed.

I'm really struggling with this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
erico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 8:43PM
Tagged PDF is becoming an important issue for our company as well. Unfortunately, QPDF does not yet manage tagging. It is my understanding this is in the development pipeline.

As to making a document read only, the simplest method is probably to set the appropriate security attributes to disallow any changes.
Eric O
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 15 at 12:28PM
Hi Guys,

Just on tagged PDF. What are the uses within your organizations? How are you utilizing it?

And the tagged PDF support that you are looking for is around PDF generation, I presume? So when you add text using something like DrawText you want to be able to tag it?

Cheers,
- Rowan.
erico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 15 at 2:32PM
I've already been in contact with development regarding tagged PDF. We need to create, manipulate and maintain documents that meet the US government section 508 standard for accessibility.
Eric O
jimedw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimedw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 16 at 3:45PM
So, what is the status of QPDF's support for Tagged PDF.  We also need it for Section 508 Accessibility requirements
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic