Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > Library Downloads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick PDF Library 7.22 Beta 3 Released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BEvans View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick PDF Library 7.22 Beta 3 Released
    Posted: 13 Dec 10 at 2:57PM
Installed the latest 7.22 and the icon looks great on the Windows 7 taskbar.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 10 at 4:00PM
Hi Guys,

An updated version of the installer is available on the website. It uses one of the new icons and the quality is much higher.

http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/downloads/binaries/qp/quick_pdf_library.exe

Cheers,
- Rowan.
Shotgun Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotgun Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 10 at 2:46PM
Thanks, Rowan.  Look forward to seeing the new designs.

Tom
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 10 at 10:24AM
Hi Guys,

We've got a few new designs for the new QPL icon. I'll email them to you for your feedback.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 10 at 6:20PM
Thanks guys. Sorry we didn't get to this in the 7.22 release but I'll update the installer this week with an icon that scales to all of the right sizes. We were intending to change the design of the icon as well, so that it was based around a "Q" and so that it matches the QPL colors.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
Shotgun Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotgun Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 10 at 2:36PM
It's really not the icon resolution that's the problem... it's the size.  The embedded icon actually is 16 million colors, 32 bit.

However, the icon file only includes a 16x16 pixel version rendering.  When a shortcut is created, Windows looks for a 32x32 (or in some cases 48x48).  If it can't find one it resizes the existing icon which is why it looks blurry and jagged.

I know some people find this kind of thing trivial and unimportant, but I happen to agree with BEvans.  It bothered me.  So I created my own icon file which maintains the exact same flavor of the original icon and includes 32bit ARGB versions at 32x32, 48x48 and 128x128 pixel size, along with the original 16x16 version.  Then I just changed the icon from the Properties menu of the Desktop Shortcut.

I'd love to upload it here, but this forum doesn't allow attachments.  If anyone would like a copy, let me know.  I'd be glad to send it to you.  I also sent a copy to Rowan via email.

No cost... just a free aesthetic service for those like myself and BEvans.

Tom
BEvans View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 10 at 4:19AM

A cosmetic thing but in Windows 7 the icon for qpl_menu.exe is too low of resoltion and when placed on the desktop by the installer or when on the taskbar when the program is running is a horrible blurry mess. The icon used by uninst.exe and uninstall.exe in QuickPDF install directory is better but an even higher resoltion one would be nicer.

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 10 at 6:37PM
Quick PDF Library 7.22 Beta 3 has been released and is ready for download and testing from our PDF blog.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic