Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TIFF To PDF, size jump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIFF To PDF, size jump
    Posted: 10 Jul 11 at 4:25AM
Delphi 7
QuickPDF717

2 issues...

1.  When I convert files from high resolution TIFF to PDF there is a huge jump in file size...

296 kb >>> 505 kb
786 kb >>>  1,710 kb
305 kb >>>  2,224 kb

Any hints on how to keep my file size down?

2.  Any general infomation on keeping PDF file sizes down with high reolution images on them?

Thanks...

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 11 at 9:35AM
There are a couple of things you can try. You can try calling the CompressImages function to see if it will compress the image data. Only image data which supports flate compression can be compressed.

You can also try using the FitImage or DrawScaledImage function instead of the DrawImage function so that the image area size is reduced when it is added to the PDF.
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 11 at 3:02PM
The 7.25 version of QuickPDF can now import TIFF images and retain the Group 3 / Group 4 or LZW compression that is in the original files.  QPL 7.24 and earlier would decompress the image and only compress the image with Flate compressing if CompressImages = 1 and therefore the file sizes were not optimal.

The 7.25 update can be downloaded from http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/products/quickpdf/updates.php and is a free upgrade from any 7.xx version.

Andrew.
bart_bender View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bart_bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 9:34AM
Hello Andrew

Is it that we have possible the same bug in the version 8.12?
I'm testing with a PDF document with three embeded images (3 pages).
The original has 737 Kb and the new clone has got 1551Kb

Sorry by the english

Best Regards

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 10:18AM
It would depend on the images.  I would need to see the TIFF and the PDF to analyse what is happening.

If you open a support case at http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php you can then send me the files after you receive a case number.

Andrew.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic