Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TextUnderline function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TextUnderline function
    Posted: 26 Apr 06 at 8:50PM

Hi,

I try to use TextUnderline function to render underlined text, and it works fine for the Left aligned text.

Underlined text

But if I try to render Right aligned text it renders line in a wrong place. Something like this:

Undrlined text       _____________

I use TextUnderline in conjunction with the DrawTextBox and SetTextAlign functions.

Is it bug or I am missing something?

TIA

swb1 View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 06 at 11:30AM

It’s a bug.

I have found the offending code and made a tentative fix. I will try to get this into the next release however I do not know how long it will take or what the exact procedure for code submission, testing, etc. If you have source code and Delphi I can tell you where to make the fix. Otherwise you will have to wait or find a workaround.

Edited by swb1
MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 06 at 12:14PM

Thanks swb1,

I use iSEDQuickPDF.DLL in my VFP app. So, I will wait for the next release. BTW what is the current version of iSEDQuickPDF, and how I can know about the next release?

Thanks

swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 06 at 12:30PM

5.11 was the last official release from iSed. Volunteers on this site have made some modest improvements and bug fixes that are available in version 5.14. Access to this version requires that you send proof that you own a registered copy to one of the moderators.

There are other threads that cover this topic extensively. Please have a look around.

sb

MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 06 at 9:29PM
Is this bug fixed in the latest version - 5.20?
marian_pascalau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 06 at 4:43PM
MTchary, I have no idea if your bug was solved with 5.20 but I have good reasons to believe that it was indeed solved. Can you please try yourself your bug and tell us if it works.

Thank you
MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 06 at 7:50PM

Unortunatelly I was not able to test the new version of iSEDQuicqPDF.DLL, which was downloaded/extracted from QPDFv520-RC2-DLL.zip file

What kind of changes you guys did? Or my license key is not valid anymore?

I use iSEDQuickPDF.DLL v. 5.11 in my VFP app w/o any problem. But with iSEDQuickPDF.DLL v. 5.20 my app creates empty PDF file, i.e. it does not create PDF file at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 06 at 7:58PM

MTchary,

More likely you forgot to unlock the library using your original unlock key. In the old version this operation was not needed. And you should pay attention on exit codes. You should check them for successfully terminated operations. The library will not throw exception as it should and if it fails and you don't care you will never know what was wrong. I am talking especially about load PDF document.

Best regards, Marian

MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 06 at 8:07PM

All I did is just replaced iSEDQuickPDF.DLL v. 5.11 by iSEDQuickPDF.DLL v. 5.20 w/o changing any code in my app

chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 06 at 12:17PM
I just tried the DLL version too - UnlockKey() returns 0, "The library could not be unlocked" with my original iSED key.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 06 at 1:13PM
MTchary, can you please check your code to see if you call UnlockKey with your license key. You must call this function with 5.20.

If you have done that you may send your key to support(at)quickpdf.org and we will check it for validity. Chicks, it you want I may try your key as well.

If you key is not valid you should contact iSED for support or buy a new license.
chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 06 at 2:53PM
Marian,

I just switched back to the 5.14 DLL, UnlockKey() returns 1, and all is well. Something appears to have changed in the 5.20 release.

I've used the same license key for a very long time, since QuickPDF was priced at $50-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 06 at 3:25PM
chicks, for test purpose send your key to me. I will check your problem myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 9:08AM
MTchary , everithing ok now? Do you still have problems?
May I close this support thread?
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 6:16PM
   There should not be any differences between v5.14 and v5.20's UnlockKey function (famous last words). I too had a problem, but because my copy of the library was an older version from the original iSed library source code, the UnlockKey function was blank, and always returned "1" and ignored the key.

As a result, when I started using v5.20, I did not use my key at all, and I got into all sorts of trouble, until I ensured I provided a valid key, and unlocked the library. Life is now good, for me at least.

I have personally tested 3 keys, and all 3 worked properly with the "UnlockKey" function in v5.20. I would be very interested if someone has a problem with their key: we can certainly try to figure out what is going on, and maybe find a way of fixing the problem.

Michel
chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 6:22PM
I've always used my key, including on original iSED DLL and ActiveX versions. That key doesn't work with 5.20 DLL version (haven't tried ActiveX), but always worked on previous versions. I sent the key to "support at quickpdf.org"
MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 6:31PM
My case is the same as chicks has

Edited by MTchary - 28 Dec 06 at 6:32PM
MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 6:34PM
How can I submit my key for the test?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 6:40PM
Hi MTchary,
you can sumbit your key to support(at)quickpdf.org or quickpdf(at)gmx.net. Right now I am online and I can test your key in minutes.

Chicks, I have never received an email over support at quickpft.org from you. Can you please sent it again?

Marian
MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 6:45PM
I just sent it to

support(at)quickpdf.org

Edited by MTchary - 28 Dec 06 at 6:46PM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 6:49PM
MTchary, I have received you key. I will get back to you in max 20 min.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 7:41PM
Hi chary, you are right about your license key.

Because of a missunderstanding of the UnlockKey peocessing routine I have disables a propper function which had no sense to me. I realize now that this was a mistake which I will change as soon as possible.

Thank you for your information. The corrected source code update will be sent to you in the next hour.

Chicks, you have for sure the same problem. Please wait till this change will be made available on the website or send your email adress for reply.

Thank you, Marian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 8:34PM

Michel, can you please publish the new update as soon as possible. I believe that there is someone else affected by this problem.

Anyway, for developers, please check all returned codes of QuickPDF functions. If "all" is to much  at least please check the return code of UnlockKey and LoadFrom* functions.

Best regards, Marian

Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 06 at 10:20PM
Chiks, MTchary and Marian,

Thank you for fiunding/fixing this bug so quickly!
  • The updated compiled downloads are available [here].
  • The updated source code is available [here].
   Cheers!

Michel
chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 06 at 1:26AM
Just confirming that it works OK now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 06 at 5:20AM

I want to thank everybody about supporting me debuging this problem. Without your feedback I could have run crazy debugging false bugs caused by ignoring this problem :-)

Best regards, Marian
MTchary View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTchary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 06 at 6:17PM

Thank you guys for solving problem with the reg key, and... here another one. It looks like the bug with underlined text is still be there (see my first post)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic