Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Table Cell Alignment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdgodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Cell Alignment
    Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 5:07PM
I am having a problem with table cell alignment being inconsistent and in general height requirements before table cells will paint text.

My issue is concerning tables with specified row heights.
I am trying to squeeze rows into as small of space as possible and I am having two problems.

1. A cell at some specified heights will allow left aligned text and yet center or right alignment causes the text to disappear.  In my case a row height of 4mm will show left aligned text. With center or right alignment the text disappears until I change the height to 4.8. This is with all padding turned off btw. This seems like a bug.

2. Cell text seems pretty restrictive just in general. There is still rooms in cells but tables want to drop it if it is squeezed at all. I can write text over the table and inside the cell and there is plenty of room. But the table doesn't like it. This is not a bug necessarily but seems like it could be optimized.

I have some table intensive government specified forms that I am trying to create and the cell height that QPL is making me adhere to is causing dimension problems with the forms.

Thanks for your help.
erico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 6:00PM
This solution is not a "good" one, but  . . .

Draw everything a little too big, then Capture the page and reinsert it with smaller dimensions.

Ugly, but it will work
Eric O
mdgodfrey View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdgodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 6:20PM
Thanks for that thought.

I can also find the top and left of every cell and draw over the top of it. But in the case of text that's too long and needs to wrap I then have to calc each text and then draw the table appropriately. Then draw the text over top.

What I would really like to do leave the row height set to autosize, turn the padding off and have QPL respect that no padding means no padding and draw it accordingly. Right now autosize means that the row is half again the size it should be. So instead I try to set row height but then it doesn't draw the text.

So my respectful question to Debenu is do I need to create a work around at this point?
I ask because I have a serious deadline and want to know if I can look for a resolution or if it is best to use a work around?

It is so close to being a great solution for my project.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic