Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speeding up ClonePages?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StanMarshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speeding up ClonePages?
    Posted: 16 Feb 06 at 3:16PM

Hi all...

I've noticed that ClonePages seems to run slower and slower as the number of pages in the file gets larger and larger.

Conceptually, this doesn't seem to make sense. The only thing I can think of is that ClonePages, for some reason, steps through the document sequentially page by page. I'm no expert on the PDF spec, but I can't imagine why it would have to do that given that ClonePages knows the pages to be cloned and knows where to insert the cloned pages ahead of time...so why the need to go through the file page by page? Argh.

At any rate, has anybody ever figured out a way to make ClonePages run faster...or to duplicate its functionality in some other way that will run faster?

Thanks.

Stan

Edited by StanMarshall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic