Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SetFormFieldValue text overflow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lambda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SetFormFieldValue text overflow
    Posted: 22 Apr 14 at 1:04PM
Hi
I use SetFormFieldTextSize to set the form field text size to 10.
but sometime data length is too long to I have set the size to 0 which auto adjust the Text size.
I cannot set it permanently to 0 because when text data is just "no" the text is sized to the maximum that will fit, and you and up with extremely large text.

The problem is: How do I know the text is too long to fit it the given form field?

Is there a call I can make to check if the text has overflowed After SetFormFieldValue?

OR Is there a call to limit the text size to a given value after SetFormFieldTextSize =0?

AndyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 14 at 1:23PM
Afternoon, I'm not sure where you call this from but I use VB6 and I set the field lengths in my app to a maximum so I don't end up with minute text in the PDF.
To stop the text being too large, what you could do is to analyze the string before it is passed to the PDF and if it is short, i.e "no" you could auto fill to a pre-determined length with spaces. Therefore when it is passed it would hopefully size on the total string giving you a more acceptable size. 

This may or may not work but thought I'd suggest it.

Regards
lambda View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lambda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 14 at 3:19PM
Thanks, filling with banks could be a start to avoid massive text. the problem is the end customer create the PDF Field not me, so I cannot predict there size vs Text length.  sometime is can be a name some time it can be lengthy text. There has to be be a way to detect if the text has overflown. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic