Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rust bindings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickpdfdeveloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rust bindings?
    Posted: 10 Jan 18 at 2:55PM
Are there any (official or third-party liberally licensed) Rust bindings for the QuickPDF library?

I have code in Python that I want to port to Rust (to see if I can get significantly better performance). I only need a subset of the QuickPDF API, but even that would be a lot of work, so if someone's already done it and would share it, I'd be happy to try it!

Thanks.
fschutt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fschutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 18 at 7:00AM
Hi quickpdfdeveloper,

I don't think Rust bindings for QuickPDF are available, but I've created a free (MIT) PDF library for writing PDF (not reading it, though): https://crates.io/crates/printpdf

It doesn't support all features of QuickPDF, though, I mostly made it for creating graphics-heavy PDF files. But it is very fast, so there's that.

Cheers

Edited by fschutt - 24 May 18 at 7:01AM
quickpdfdeveloper View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickpdfdeveloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 18 at 11:17AM
Yes, I've seen various PDF libraries on crates.io but of course none of them has anywhere near the functionality of QuickPDF, nor the subset I need.

However, I found that it was quite straightforward to write my own Rust bindings for QuickPDF.

So my only problem now is that I can never upgrade QuickPDF because (1) it is now a lot more expensive and (2) the upgrade doesn't appear to be royalty free anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic