Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rendering with QuickPDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xbww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rendering with QuickPDF
    Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 2:26PM
I am working on a small low cost commercial application and I am currently using QP to render PDF's. Basically, all I need to do is convert a pdf to a 72dpi bmp or tiff. QP works ok but not real good.

Can QuickPDF version 7.12 render PDF's correctly or better than the older versions (including transparencies)?

What other SDK's are out there to render a PDF ?

I am just looking for opinions from those or you who have already had to solve the rendering problem.

Thanks,
Brandon

init2null View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote init2null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 2:38PM
Hi Brandon,

I'm doing the same in my program, and I find QuickPDF sufficient for my relatively simple needs. You can try the 7.12 beta from http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/.

A better but more expensive alternative is Foxit http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/sdk/dll/; I was quoted a $1000 initial fee, including a few hundred users, and a dollar or two royalties for additional users.

Wesley

Edited by init2null - 06 Mar 09 at 2:39PM
deabrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deabrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 09 at 5:08PM
Hi Brandon/Wesley,

Yes, 7.12 will render better than the previous version, however, we're still (always) working on improving this.

Note: one of the big distinctions with the pricing is the fact that Quick PDF Library is royalty free.

It would be great it you could identify specific issues that you're encountering. That way we can focus our attention more directly.

Cheers guys,

-Karl

Edited by deabrew - 06 Mar 09 at 5:10PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic