Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recolored TIF Prints Black from QuickPDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recolored TIF Prints Black from QuickPDF
    Posted: 04 May 06 at 2:01PM

I'm using QuickPDF 4.41 to impose one one-page pdf onto another and then print them.  However, there is an TIF image placed on one of those PDFs which is a title.  In QuarkXPress, the color of the title is changed from black to Pantone (similar to gold), before the page is saved as a PDF.

Anyway, after QuickPDF imposes the two PDFs and saves it, the combined PDF opens fine in Acrobat, and prints fine from Acrobat, but from QuickPDF, the pantone color is lost and the title prints out black.

QuickPDF allows me to specify a printer, whereas Acrobat does not.  Is there a way to get QuickPDF to print that title in color?  Behind the title is a much larger TIF pictorial image, which prints in color just fine, but not the title.  Thanks.

PhilG
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 06 at 2:38PM
> QuickPDF allows me to specify a printer, whereas Acrobat does not.

Sure it does, see Adobe's IACReference.pdf. It can also be done via the commandline, though not officially supported by Adobe.

Here's an example (with C source) that shows how to use the Reader/Acrobat DDE interfact to print to a specific printer:

http://www.geocities.com/sea_sbs/files/pdfp.zip
swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 06 at 2:44PM

This sounds like the same rendering issue that we have seen in many cases on this forum. A way to be sure if it is related to the GDI+ rendering is to save your PDF as a bitmap. If the bitmap looks like your printout then you are (for the time being) out-of-luck*

You may have to find a way of changing the default printer. Then print from acrobat reader and then set the printer back.

*Nice way of saying screwed.

sb

swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 06 at 2:45PM
Or do what chicks said.
hbarclay View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbarclay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 06 at 3:06PM
Chicks,

Any plans to translate the pdfp to Delphi?

Harry

Originally posted by chicks chicks wrote:

> QuickPDF allows me to specify a printer, whereas Acrobat does not.

Sure it does, see Adobe's IACReference.pdf. It can also be done via the commandline, though not officially supported by Adobe.

Here's an example (with C source) that shows how to use the Reader/Acrobat DDE interfact to print to a specific printer:

http://www.geocities.com/sea_sbs/files/pdfp.zip
chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 06 at 3:20PM
Originally posted by hbarclay hbarclay wrote:

Any plans to translate the pdfp to Delphi?

No, I'll leave that to the Delphi experts.

BTW, there is a third way, fully supported by Adobe - use ShellExecute() with the "printto" verb. Here's a Delphi example:

http://groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.winapi/browse_frm/thread/e82a40cfd8cadf67/62f2c6ba5b30c9ce?lnk=st&q=Acrobat+print+printto&rnum=5&hl=en#62f2c6ba5b30c9ce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic