Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reading parts of a PDF (OCR)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianPrins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reading parts of a PDF (OCR)
    Posted: 14 Sep 17 at 11:45AM
Hi there

I like to read parts of my pdf. How ever the PDF it self is a scanned document.
Is there some OCR support already available in quickPDF or does any of you know tools to perform some simple OCR scanning of pdf (or image since I can use quick pdf to convert the pdf to an image)

Thanks in advance

Christian

ChristianPrins View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianPrins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 17 at 12:32PM
Hi there,

Since my scanner already is capable of converting the test into real text I have a searchable pdf.
This simplifies my problem since I now only have to read my pdf.

I will search the forum for that but if you have some nice samples how to read text from a searchable pdf don't hesitate to help me out ;-)

tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 17 at 12:50PM
Your first step should be to open the Quick PDF Dashboard program (the one with the Q icon in the Windows start menu).  On the 'Scripts' tab click on one of the sub-menu items of 'Extraction'.  You can run the script to test it, and click on 'output' folder at the foot of the window to view what was extracted. It should then be a relatively straightforward task to convert the script logic into whatever programming language you are using.  The Dashboard is the best place to find simple examples for almost any task.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic