Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QuickPDF v5.11 - CompressImages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oric.cq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QuickPDF v5.11 - CompressImages
    Posted: 27 Jun 06 at 9:15PM

I could´t figure out the meaning of the function CompressImages. I tried set CompressImages(1) to import jpg images, but the pdf file size didn´t change.

I need to reduce the pdf file size when importing images. Is there I way to do that?

Thanks for the help.

Sincerly,

Ciro.

Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 06 at 9:50PM
Hi there,

JPEG images are already compressed, and you will be hard pressed to improve the compression much beyond that unless the jpeg setting was set on a very high quality setting.

To prove this to yourself, take a jpeg picture, and trying zipping it. The final file size is quite often the same or larger than the original picture.

Have you tried the "CompressImages" function on an uncompressed bitmap (.bmp)?

Cheers!

Michel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic