Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with a checkbox, ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with a checkbox, ...
    Posted: 24 Oct 06 at 12:14PM
Hi,

the following source I used:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=232&PN=1&TPN=1

Now i add some checkboxes in it and fill out with this code:

Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle(24, "Ja")

The Print Preview works fine, but the checkboxes cleared when you print the document, why ?

Could anyone help ?

Devil

bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 8:16AM

I always use the format of

QP.SetFormFieldValue(QP.FindFormFieldByTitle(fieldTitle),fieldValue)

when populating field values.

This works well for me. I don't know why the other method is causing a problem.

Edited by bogey
Devil View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 8:50AM
Hi bogey,

Call QP.SetFormFieldValue(24, "Ja")
or
Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("FeldName", "Ja")
doesn't work

It's always the same, you can see in the print Preview but when you print, all the checkboxes are empty !

The second problem i have with the checkboxes is that you cannot rotate the arrows in the checkboxes.

Call QP.SetFormFieldRotation(Feldindex, 90)
Call QP.SetFormFieldRotation(Feldindex, 180)
doesn't work

The arrows in the checkboxes have always the same position.

I used VB6,   ,
can you give me a code sample for a chebox that do the following:    
test.pdf open and fill out some Textfields and some checkboxes. Only the cheboxes must rotate over 90 angle. after this print out the complete sheet.

regrads
Devil

bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 10:36AM

This is code that I use to complete fields on a form from a posted HTML form. I have not had problems with checkboxes.

fillTime = now()
fieldCount = QP.FormFieldCount()
fncDebug("<br>Field Count = " & fieldCount)
'for i = 1 to fieldCount
' fncdebug("<br>" & i & ". UpdateAppearanceStream: " & QP.GetFormFieldTitle(i) & " - result: " & QP.UpdateAppearanceStream(i))
' fncdebug("<br>" & i & ". Readonly to False- Field : " & QP.GetFormFieldTitle(i) & " - result: " & QP.SetFormFieldReadOnly(i,0))
'next

'default to fill fields unless specified as false
if lcase(request("PDF~property~FillFormFields")) <> "false" then
 fncDebug("<hr>Merging posted form data into PDF and setting properties")

' Determine of the PDF fields should be marked as readonly.
 ' All fields will default to readonly if there it is not specified at the PDF level,
 ' if PDF~property~FormFieldsReadOnly if not specified or has a blank value, lock the fields
 ' or this can be overridden at the field level using a form element of fieldname~property~readonly with a value of "true" or "false"
 if len(request("PDF~property~FormFieldsReadOnly")) > 0 and instr("false no 0", lcase(request("PDF~property~FormFieldsReadOnly") ) ) > 0 then
  prefilledFormFieldsReadonly = false
 else
  'default position if not specified otherwise
  prefilledFormFieldsReadonly = true
 end if
 fncDebug("<br> - Mark all prefilled form fields READONLY = " & prefilledFormFieldsReadonly )

for each item in request.form
  'Check if properties need to be set on any form fields
  'Format for form is "fieldname~property~property-type" with a value set to the value of the form element
  'multi value form elements should be delimited with a comma, ie: (0.5,0.5,0.5)to set (color 50%, red 50% green, 50% blue)
  if instr(item,"~property~")>0 then
   select case lcase(split(item,"~")(2))
    case "alignment"
     result =  QP.SetFormFieldAlignment(QP.FindFormFieldByTitle(split(item,"~")(0)),request.form(item))
    case "textsize"
     result =  QP.SetFormFieldTextSize(QP.FindFormFieldByTitle(split(item,"~")(0)),request.form(item))
    case "backgroundcolor"
     result = QP.SetFormFieldBackgroundColor(QP.FindFormFieldByTitle(split(item,"~")(0)),split(request.form(item),",")(0),split(request.form(item),",")(1),split(request.form(item),",")(2))
    case "standardfont"
     result =  QP.SetFormFieldStandardFont(QP.FindFormFieldByTitle(split(item,"~")(0)),request.form(item))
   end select
   fncDebug("<br> - Property Setting <b>" & item & "</b> Datafield <b>" & split(item,"~")(0) & "</b> = <b>" & request.form(item) & "</b>, Results = <b>" & result & "</b>")
  elseif lcase(item) <> "pdfname" then
   'if field exists in the pdf, insert matching data value from posted form
   result = QP.SetFormFieldValue(QP.FindFormFieldByTitle(item),request.form(item))
   fncDebug("<br> - Datafield <b>" & item & "</b> = <b>" & request.form(item) & "</b>, Results = <b>" & result & "</b>")
   'if field is supposed to be marked readonly and the field was populated, secure it
   if prefilledFormFieldsReadonly and result = 1 then
    fncDebug("<br> - Readonly <b>" & item & "</b>  set = <b>true</b>, Results = <b>" & QP.SetFormFieldReadOnly(QP.FindFormFieldByTitle(item),1) & "</b>")
   end if
  end if
 next
end if
fncDebug("<br>Elapsed Time for Filling fields=" & dateDiff("S",fillTime,now()))

I have never worked with the rotated methods. If the Form is already in landscape mode, wouldn't the filling in data be landscaped?  If you are mixing portrait and landscape text on the page, then the rotation may be needed.

Devil View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 11:30AM
Hello bogey,
thanks for your example. Unfortunately your example code does not have anything with to do after I searches,….

bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 11:32AM
It is a sample of generically filling any pdf fields. This block will locate any matching fields in a pdf and fill with posted data. The technique works on text fields and checkboxes.
Devil View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 12:15PM

Helo bogey,

surely, but you have times tried to serve code with mine to use?

Private Sub Print_on_the_fly_Click()

' Sub to prints PDF Files on the fly without saving

Dim QP As iSed.QuickPDF

Set QP = CreateObject("iSED.QuickPDF")

' GDIPlus.dll needed that the images are printable 'on the fly
Call QP.SetGDIPlusFileName(App.Path & "\GDIPLUS.DLL")

Call QP.UnlockKey("secret")
Call QP.LoadFromFile(App.Path & "\Formular.pdf")

If QP.Encrypted = 1 Then
QP.SetPassword ("secret")
QP.Unencrypt
End If
Call QP.SetNeedAppearances(1)

Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("Datum", date)
Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("Firma", Firma.value)
Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("Name", Name.value)
Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("Strasse", Strasse.value)
Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("Ort",PLZ.value & " " & Ort.value)
Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("Tel", Telfon.value)
Call QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("Rueckruf", Rueckruf.value) 'Rueckruf Checkbox - Ja / Nein, default = Ja

' UpdateApperanceStream needed for printable 'on the fly
For pdfFields = 1 To QP.FormFieldCount
Call QP.UpdateAppearanceStream(pdfFields)
Next pdfFields

Call QP.PrintDocument(QP.GetDefaultPrinterName, 1, 1, QP.PrintOptions(0, 0, "Formular"))

Set QP = Nothing
End Sub

the codes works fine without the checkbox, when you use the checkbox and print the sheet the checkbox always clear.

bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 1:11PM

What is the result returning from the SetFormFieldValueByTitle calls?  Can you print them screen for debugging?

response.write QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("FeldName", "Ja") 

Does it return a 1? 

Edited by bogey
Devil View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 1:27PM

Hello bogey,

yes, response is "1", same response by the:

Call QP.SetFormFieldRotation(Index, 90) 'index = Field "Rueckruf"

Devil View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 7:41PM

Hi bogey,

Now it will be much kurioser than before, ...   

When I save the pdf formular to to new file and open this file with acrobat, than all is ok.     

The error expresses itself only with prints on the fly, ...  

Devil

marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 06 at 5:56AM

Hi, if you provide your Formular.pdf sample file I may test your problem. Post an URL or send your file to:

marian_pascalau(at)hotmail.com

PS. Du kannst auch in Deutsch schreiben.

Gruß, Marian

Edited by marian_pascalau
bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 06 at 7:43AM
Originally posted by Devil Devil wrote:

When I save the pdf formular to to new file and open this file with acrobat, than all is ok.     

The error expresses itself only with prints on the fly, ...  

It sounds like the PDF is correctly created and the problem lies in the print driver. Can you try a different print driver?

Devil View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 06 at 9:41AM

Hi bogey,

not really, first Printer "HP LaserJet 2100" second printer "Canon ML370" on both printer same result !!!

Devil View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 06 at 9:44AM
Originally posted by marian_pascalau marian_pascalau wrote:

Hi, if you provide your Formular.pdf sample file I may test your problem. Post an URL or send your file to:

marian_pascalau(at)hotmail.com

PS. Du kannst auch in Deutsch schreiben.

Gruß, Marian

Thanks Marian,

mail is oin the way, ....

Devil

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic