Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PDF in Chrome 64bit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF in Chrome 64bit
    Posted: 29 Mar 22 at 9:03AM
recently I found that a PDF made in QuickPDF could not be read and printed in Chrome 64bit. It does in Chrome 32 bit... anybody has a clue???
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 22 at 1:24PM
Not with just that information, no.  What happens - does it report an error - does it crash or hang?  Does it happen with every PDF you create? If not, have you tried removing elements from the PDF one-by-one until "it works"?
HJM View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 22 at 9:53AM
Thanks for the answer. No there were no errors in creating the pdf..
There are no elements I can remove..
An example of a PDF that does not work:

tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 22 at 10:47AM
I have downloaded your 'error.pdf'. You have still not said what exactly you mean by 'does not work'. But the only issue I can immediately see is that some of the black detail text does not appear in the correct places to fit into the red frame.

It seems to me that this issue is nothing to do with Chrome 64-bit. The document appears identically to Chrome 64-bit here in Adobe Acrobat DC, and also in FlexiPDF, Affinity Publisher, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera, etc. In other words, just about every program I have that can read a PDF, and also when I render it with Quick PDF or PDFIUM. 

So if this is your issue of concern, there is just something wrong with the way you have constructed the PDF, and users in this forum may need to look at the code that created it in order to help you, rather than concentrating on Chrome. If you see a different problem which is specific to Chrome, then let us know precisely what it is.
HJM View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 22 at 10:49AM
Hi tfrost
The problem is that the pdf CANNOT be printed. And it can be printed in chrome32

Post Options Post Options 
  Thanks (0) Thanks(0) 
  Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply
New Post: Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 second ago at 11:58AM
so the problem is not the text outside the red lines. Thats corrected pretty easy. I only made a fast example

Edited by HJM - 13 Apr 22 at 10:59AM
HJM View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 22 at 10:58AM
so the problem is not the text outside the red lines. Thats corrected pretty easy. I only made a fast example
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 22 at 9:51PM
I also see the error 'Print preview failed' when printing from Chrome 64-bit.  If that is the exact same issue that you see, then you may like to know that google finds 691 million results for (without quotes) "chrome pdf viewer print preview failed".

It also seems that the 'main password' on your PDF might be a factor.  See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71271513/google-chrome-print-preview-failed

I have a tool which can save a passworded PDF without the password, and this allows Chrome 64-bit to print the resulting PDF. But of course it is then a different PDF (though still editable) so removing the password in QPDF may not have the same effect.  And maybe you have to have the file passworded, although it is trivial to remove this.

I assume you have tried both DA and normal file operations, just to make a random difference in the content.

HJM View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 22 at 1:20PM
The password protection is a essential part of the pdf's with an invoice. We dont want users to change the resulting pdf. So I cannot remove the password. So you say we cannot do anything about it? Because the protection is NOT on printing the pdf. Users must be able to print it. That cannot be done from within Chrome you say, is that correct?
HJM View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 22 at 1:22PM
The tool you talk about, what is it?? All the receiving customers must have that tool I think?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 22 at 7:19PM
I could see that your PDF does not have a 'no printing' password, only a main password. I don't think it would be ethical or helpful to publish details of password removal software here: mine is a diagnostic utility that I acquired years ago to analyse the internals of PDF files in detail, and was not aware that it included this feature until I noticed the button to clear the password. It is occasionally useful to support customers who present rendering problems in PDF files which happen to have passwords. Note that this cannot decrypt encrypted PDFs without a password, but there are probably tools which do that too.

If you have a PDF with an unknown main password that you want to edit, and are technically competent and have access to a search engine and an application which can edit PDFs, it is not hard to find many workable solutions. If these are not resources easily available to your customers, then a PDF password should be secure enough for you.

I have not said, and cannot say, whether or not the problem which prevents printing your sample PDF is the 'fault' of QDF or Chrome; or whether a password is relevant. All I have observed is that there is no difficulty in printing this file from many other PDF readers and browsers, and that users of Chrome 64-bit report this same problem with many other PDF files.
HJM View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 22 at 8:05AM
Hi

I do not want to hack a password I put in myself. But I do like users to print the pdf because that part is allowed in this pdf. But I found a "pdf viewer" extension in google chrome that allows the user to print these kind of pdf's so that is my solution for the time being. It is in the play store of google chrome Thanks to all you guys!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic