Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

noob question about forms and formfields

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquineas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: noob question about forms and formfields
    Posted: 24 Jul 06 at 3:20PM
Hi folks.. I'm trying to evaluate QuickPDF as a vehicle to embed a PDF into an application. The PDF will contain loan application data that I will then need to pull out and store in a database. I see by looking at the ActiveX that there are a bunch of methods to handle pulling the information from a given form field (GetFormFieldValue), but my question is, for data validation and error checking purposes, is there a means to attach event handlers to user actions? For example, when they move from one field to another, I'd like to be able to validate some data and potentially do some additional checking.

Thanks folks.
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 06 at 3:36PM
What user actions? Are you planning to write a replacement for Adobe Reader?

As with most PDF libraries, QuickPDF is meant to create and modify PDF files, and cannot interact with Adobe Reader or Acrobat in any way.
bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 06 at 10:33AM

All "clientside" validation is done by embedding javascript in the PDF. You can create the form in Acrobat and set these javascript validations in the file. Or you can use the QP.FormFieldJavascriptAction method to set the validations in the formfields of PDF.

Either way, I have always found it difficult to get the "internal" PDF validations to work.

Edited by bogey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic