Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Move from Amyuni ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillNitschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Move from Amyuni ?
    Posted: 14 Oct 10 at 4:51AM
We currently use the Amyuni library... and am contemplating moving...

Does this library have a capability to emulate a printer driver so we can feed text, graphics, etc., into a "DC" that then can be used to render the PDF, in the same way this would be done using Amyuni (or CutePDF, etc.) ?

Or in other words, use the library as if it was a printer driver?

Thank you.
Shotgun Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotgun Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 10 at 4:48PM
Hi Will and welcome to the QuickPDF Forum.

That feature/capability is not currently available with the QuickPDF Library.

Tom
WillNitschke View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillNitschke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 10 at 1:31PM
Thanks for the reply. Actually I am very interested in trying to avoid going through a printer driver and have a library that creates a PDF directly. (To avoid all the compatibility hassles involved with installing printers.)

I noticed there is a functions such as getCanvasDC() and LoadFromCanvasDC()... The doc's say:

Creates a canvas of the specified size and returns a Windows device context DC that can be drawn on using Win32 drawing commands. When drawing operations are complete, call the LoadFromCanvasDC function to create a new document from the supplied drawing commands.

In principle, then, can I create one of these DC's, use the standard WinAPI to write my output, just as if I was preparing as printer page, but then pass the result back to this library for creation of the PDF? Hence no need for a printer driver?

If so, are there any code examples or tips on how to do this? Thanks.

Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 10 at 10:02PM
I can give you 2 more avenues of research.

1. The demo app that is on the QuickPDFLibrary website.
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/blog/2009/10/a-customizable-demo-for-quick-pdf-library/

2. Use the search function for the forum. There has been numerous topics dealing with the canvas functions.

Wheeley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic