Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Modify text in a PDF doc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abacuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modify text in a PDF doc
    Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 1:31PM
Hi everyone,
i need your help...i made a PDF document by scanner a paper document and merged it with the result of an OCR operation. Now i see the correct layout of the document but when i copy and paste from it i see many errors (OCR errors). I want to know if i can modify the text under the image with quickpdf library (for now i retrieve the text content only). 

thanks
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 2:32PM
Hi there,

Currently it's not possible to edit text in a PDF using Quick PDF. You can extract text and you can add text, but you can't edit text directly in the PDF.

For this you can try something like Nitro PDF (www.nitropdf.com) or Acrobat. But editing normal text in a PDF is usually difficult, so editing text which has been OCR'd could be problematic indeed.

Goodluck!

Cheers,
- Rowan.
abacuc View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abacuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 2:35PM
yes but perhaps i can read text and image from the source, filter the text in some manner, and write the result on a new file? Isn'it?
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 2:40PM
Yes, if you want to extract all text and images and then write that to a new PDF, then this is possible.

Sorry, I didn't think that would be an acceptable solution to you. But it would definitely work.

Here's some sample Delphi code that has been used to do a similar job before:

abacuc View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abacuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 2:42PM

good ... i will read your suggested post but why you think that is not an acceptable solution for me?

thanks

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 2:48PM
Only because usually when someone wants to edit text in a PDF re-writing out the entire PDF by extracting the text and images isn't an optimal solution. It's much quicker and more efficient to directly edit the text in the PDF -- but Quick PDF Library doesn't support that direct editing of text.

However, in hindsight, re-writing the PDF -- given that it's an OCR'd PDF -- is actually probably the best thing to do.
abacuc View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abacuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 2:54PM
i try Smile
abacuc View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abacuc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 11 at 2:55PM
...i forgot....1000 thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic