Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Merge wrong files?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeBlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merge wrong files?
    Posted: 27 Feb 15 at 12:09AM
QuickPDF COM DLL 7.22 used from .NET code (32-bit). 

Windows service running multiple threads creating reports etc.
Often a packet of reports gets merged into a single document at the end. 

Yesterday a client reported that they have received a combined report, which appeared to have merged some of their reports with reports belonging to a different company. 

Our first line support was able to repeatedly reproduce the issue. Unfortunately by the time I got involved, the setup was changed and I couldn't see it happen anymore.
Nevertheless mixing data is quite a serious issue and I have to investigate further. 

The individual reports appeared to have been generated fine, names are unique across the board (GUIDs), and the report packet lists are kept in two different databases. If there was some sort of database connection mix-up, then the client would have received a combined report in which all reports would have been from the wrong database. 

At the moment the only plausible scenario I can come up with, is if the component somehow retained (or regained) some sort of state between runs.
Merge is done with ClearFileList/AddToFileList/MergeFileList. 
An instance of the component is (supposedly) created and destroyed with every run. 

Has anybody experienced a similar issue? Any ideas?

Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 15 at 11:39PM
Why not try clearing the file list after the merge? No use keeping it around.

Wheeley
JoeBlow View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeBlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 15 at 5:15PM
It is a multi-threaded service, where potentially more than one thread can have an instance of the component (different instances!). 
It is my understanding (or rather a guess, since I didn't find anything about it) that the "file list" concept is "local", per instance of the component and instances don't share "global" state (file list or otherwise).  
Is this correct? Can a "file list" somehow leak from one instance to another (and get stuck there)?
JoeBlow View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeBlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 15 at 4:23PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic