Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

large list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: large list
    Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 8:08PM
I'm using the Table functions to export a rather large list (both width and height) to PDF. I was able to get the list to break across pages (height-wise), but what I would really like to do now is shrink the width of the report to fit the width of the page (probably meaning everything is smaller). Is there a way to make that happen easily? Thank you!
erico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 14 at 6:55PM
I can think of 2 methods that would not be too difficult. IF the "longest line" is available to you, calculate the font size you need to make it fit in a single page width and then pass that value as a parameter to your function.

If that is not known ahead of time, then you could output as you are now, creating wider pages. Then use "CapturePage/DrawCapturedPage" and draw those pages onto pages of the desired size. This will shrink the text by the ratio of the original page to the drawn page, however, and the result may not be easily read if the factors are large, or if the x/y ratios differ signficantly (you may end up with very thin, tall text)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic