Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Issue adding bookmark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisA2107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issue adding bookmark
    Posted: 19 Nov 14 at 12:38PM
I am currently using the NewOutline method to add a bookmark to a PDF file.  Which requires opening the PDF file with the LoadFromFile method first.

This all works fine, except when I have very large PDF files of several hundred MB.  In this case, the LoadFromFile method fails with an error code of 401.

I suspect that this is a memory issue, however there doesn't appear to be any DA method for outlines available.

I am only currently using QuickPDF 8.16, which I realise is quite an old version.

1) Will a later version of QuickPDF fix this issue?

2) Is there some other way that I could add the bookmarks that wouldn't have this problem?

Thanks for any help.
ChrisA2107 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisA2107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 14 at 3:15PM
As a work around, I have had to split the PDF into smaller PDFs and add the appropriate bookmarks to each part and then recombine them.  This does seem to be working successfully, but is obviously much slower.

If this issue is fixed in a later version, then could someone please let me know.  I have had a look at the release notes and there doesn't appear to be anything listed for this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic