Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help to Convert a .DOC to .PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help to Convert a .DOC to .PDF
    Posted: 07 Jun 06 at 9:24AM
I have a .DOC file with form fields that I need to convert to PDF. Cause later, I'll use QuickPDF to stuff data into the form fields of this PDF.

However, I'm having a problem on the first form field cause when I export it to PDF, it overwrites the background image, I mean, it creates a "white hole" over the background image. So, I'd like to know if there's a way to make this form field transparent.

You can get a sample of the .DOC from here :

http://www.DES.online.unimep.br/au/pub/cert.doc

Thanks in advance 4 your support !
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 06 at 1:37PM
The SetBackgroundColor() and SetBorderColor() OLE Automation methods in Adobe's FormsAPIReference both support the Transparent colorspace, but I don't see any way to set these with iSEDQuickPDF.

If you have Acrobat (or possibly NitroPDF), you could probably set these manually in your PDF template.

Also, I notice that if you select a fill color for the text box in Word, you have the option to set it as "semitransparent". Perhaps your distiller will pass it through to the PDF.
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 06 at 8:41AM
Hello Chicks

Thanks for you reply !

I tried NitroPDF and it DOES offer more options to add form fields.

I'm having another problem now and I'm opening another topic : about border line.

Thanks again !

jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 06 at 8:33AM
I found an answer :

Use Adobe Professional to convert the file. It works fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic