Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creating PDF/A 1b spec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkochis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating PDF/A 1b spec
    Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 8:38AM
Has anyone attempted to create compatible PDF/A spec 1b files using QuickPDF?
If so, please share your information in this thread.
If not, but you have interest in doing so, please respond to this thread.

My goal would be to create a PDF/A spec 1b document from a scanned tif file (300 dpi, B/W, Group III or Group IV compression).   This would be part of a "batch" process that captures and indexes the files using my software (www.captureplusdms.com).   QuickPDF is currently used in the software in the Convert to PDF component.  I would like to try to add a PDF/A 1b option.

Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 9:19AM
Hi,

I think what you are suggesting is quite feasible from what I recall about this format (it's been a while). Part of the challenge is to ensure the legality of the fonts to be embedded, but since you are using a TIFF, you might be OK. The only other things to consider are to ensure the metadata is preperly failed and that the PDF/A tag is properly set - which the QuickPDF library does not do today.

Or you could use Ghostscript which does support PDF/A.

Therefore, you would need to try to find a programmer willing to make the necessary code changes.

Cheers!

Michel
rkochis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkochis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 11:50AM
Thank you for your input.  I hope to gather such valuable information in this thread before I turn the project over to my developers.
DELBEKE View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 08 at 7:43AM
This may be interresting. But , the specs (ISO 19005-1) are'nt free Unhappy
PDFman View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDFman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 08 at 8:46AM
You can read more here:
rkochis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkochis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 9:26AM
Thanks for the reference.  That site is very useful.
Other sites that may assist others are:
a) www.soliddocuments.com They provide a FREE pdf print driver that writes PDF/A 1b formats.  They also sell for <100.00 Solid PDF Tools that does many things including: scan interface, create searchable PDF/A 1b from Tif, Convert "in batch" PDF to PDF/A, Convert PDF to Word, etc.
Note: the processes can be scripted.
b) www.luratech.com They provide a FREE tool that perfomr PDF/A validation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic