Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thumbnails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stansol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thumbnails
    Posted: 29 Aug 07 at 5:49PM
Hi all,
I'm very new to QuickPDF and programming in VB6 under Win/XP.  I'm working on a project which requires thumbnails to be displayed - so far I'm able to "LoadFromFile" and "RenderDocumentToFile" and in this way LoadPicture() into a Picture Box control.

This all takes a little time with very large documents and I was looking for a faster method.  I've tried to code "GetPagePreview" and "RenderToVariant" and "SetPageThumbnail"...but am not clever enough and cannot find enough information on the web or in the manual on how to execute the code correctly.

Any assistance with a small example would be helpful.

Thanks much,
Stan Solomon

marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 07 at 4:08AM
Hi there,
at the moment there is no way to accelerate the rendering of PDF files because QuickPDF in order to render something, loads the whole file in memory.

stansol View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stansol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 07 at 10:56PM
Thanks Marian,

As it happens I've been working with the test application and realized that the users are only interested in eye-balling the first page of a thumbnail in order to spot the document they're interested in. 

They generally bring up several types of certificaitons, engineering sketches and data sheets from a single manufacturing job - for which only the first page of each document need be shown as thumbnails - and when they click on a thumbnail Acrobat is executed in a separate window, which gives the user freedom to read, print, highlight, etc.

I got so caught up in the technical aspects of the imaging that I lost track of the user's needs.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Stan Solomon

marian_pascalau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 07 at 5:28AM
You are welcome,
at the moment the only tip I have for you is to index your documents. Sometime later (planned next year) I will come up with a new version which will optimize the process of loading.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic