Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for developer - Rendering images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchV2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for developer - Rendering images
    Posted: 21 Aug 06 at 4:53PM
I'm getting ready to post this job on Rent a Coder but thought I'd give someone here a chance first. I'm looking for a developer to improve the iSed code's rendering functions to be in line with the new(est) PDF specs. Pay scal negotiable, just reply to this message or email ksoftware at gmail.com.

Thanks!
--
- Mitchell
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 06 at 4:56PM
You should give XPdfRasterizer a try. I switched a few months ago. The results are fine and the pricing is reasonable. Same for XPdfPrint. And the best thing: The support is really fast.

http://www.glyphandcog.com/XpdfRasterizer.html

MitchV2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchV2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 06 at 4:59PM
I'd need something royalty free, so that knocks this (and all other products I've found) out of the running.
--
- Mitchell
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 06 at 5:00PM
Ah, ok.
JanVen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanVen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 06 at 2:45AM
I'll look over your shoulder here MitchV2, since I have the exact same problem - so please give some feedback of your search
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 06 at 12:00AM
Yes, their royalty costs are unbelievable. If you made a product that sells 100,000 copies, you'd have to pay them $1 Million dollars. Ouch!

The rendering of QuickPDF has a few issues, so I've avoided it, and I got a (royalty free) license from FoxitSoftware. Their rendering engine is very, very fast and seemingly bug free (I have not received any complaints).

Finally, let me know how you make out on a rentacoder. I'm a great believer of the concept, but I have had no success. I put out two jobs out there, one of them to upgrade C++ code from 32 to 64 bits. Could not find any takers (two demonstrated interest, then they dropped out saying it was too complicated). Anyway, I ended up doing it all in less than 1 day.

Good luck!
Michel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic