Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom page size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom page size
    Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 4:58AM
I want to use QuickPDF to generate a receipt on a POS printer which uses continuous paper. I could still treat this as a page (rather than continuous), it would just be a really long page, e.g. 16". Any suggestions?
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 6:40AM
Hm, do you think that this is a good idea? Is there a reason that you cannot use POS printers language to print the receipt?

greetings,
Ulrich
Hopeful View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 6:57AM
I think it's an excellent idea  I would rather not be tied to a particular manufacturer or model of receipt printer and also be forced to use fixed-pitch fonts to allow me to justify columns in the receipt.
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 12:08PM
I work with Ithaca, Epson, Star and Citizen receipt printers, and wouldn't even think of using PDF with them.

I developed a custom print engine in Java and a markup language which can interface generically with all of them, but there are a couple of standards (OPOS, JavaPOS) that can also be used.
Hopeful View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 12:13PM

Originally posted by chicks chicks wrote:

I work with Ithaca, Epson, Star and Citizen receipt printers, and wouldn't even think of using PDF with them.

I developed a custom print engine in Java and a markup language which can interface generically with all of them, but there are a couple of standards (OPOS, JavaPOS) that can also be used.

Do tell, why wouldn't you even think of using PDF? The printer I'm considering scales down A4 web pages to print out. What's the big problem with printing a PDF file to it?

chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 12:43PM
Should have qualified a bit - I'm still working with a number of impact and inkjet POS printers, which would be agonizingly slow printing PDF through a printer driver, since everything would have to be printed as an image. They are more than adequately fast in their native language, however.

If you're using one of the high-end thermal recepit printers specifically meant for page printing, like the Star TSP-700, PDF will print just fine.
Hopeful View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopeful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 1:34PM
That's good. Any ideas regarding the custom page length though?

Edited by Hopeful
chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 06 at 2:03PM
SetPageDimensions

Description
Set the size of the selected page. By default, the parameters should specify the width and height of the page in
points. Use the SetMeasurementUnits function to change the units to millimetres or inches.

Definition
function SetPageDimensions(NewPageWidth As Double,
NewPageHeight As Double) As Long

Parameters
NewPageWidth The new width of the page.
NewPageHeight The new height of the page.

Returns
0 The page size could not be set. This should never occur.
1 The page was resized successfully.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic