Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ised dll to use in PureBasic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ised dll to use in PureBasic
    Posted: 05 Jun 06 at 2:58AM

I have bought the Ised dll to use in PureBasic.

In PureBasic forum I found the following topic: (quote)

" - When you down loaded the dll version of ised it has a PureBasic example with it. I guess you realise this is no longer supported - bit of a shame.

- Yeah, it's a shame. But I've learned that there isn't much you can't do with their DLL.

- Ised is getting a bit old now and has problems with later version pdf's. To be totally compatible we have to save out as version 4 from Acrobat". (the end of quote)

Please answer for suggestions from PB forum. Is it right or not.

Janek

Edited by Janek
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 06 at 12:01PM
Hi,

Yes, he is mostly right. The QuickPDF library creates PDF files with features that are available in the PDF Readers v4 and v5. The newer version of the PDF Reader (v7) can read and display the PDF files from QuickPDF just fine. I have heard that if you try to edit a PDF created by QuickPDF in Adobe's Acrobat v7, it will appear blank (I have not personally tried). That's the only problem that I have heard of.

So to answer your question: you can create PDF files with QuickPDF, and it will display fine in all PDF Readers. This is the most important point, and the reason why many people are still able to use the QuickPDF library quite successfully.

If you are looking at implementing a new feature only available in PDF Reader v7, then QuickPDF is not the right library to use since they are not supported.

Finally, when he says "we have to save out as version 4 from Acrobat", I think he means "v1.4" which is the same as "v5". "v1.4" is the version of the PDF specification, which is what is used in PDF Reader "v5". I'm not sure how or why the PDF specification got out of step with the Reader: we would have to ask Adobe for that.

I hope that helps!

Michel
Janek View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 06 at 6:00AM

Thank you very much for exact answer.

Janek

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic