Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot render QuickReports graphics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot render QuickReports graphics
    Posted: 09 May 06 at 12:47PM
Hi,

I've found that I cannot print or render any graphics inserted on a QuickReport generated PDF.

Those same documents can be rendered by Acrobat and my program can render most documents but the ones I nedd to render

I've uploaded a sample on this link
On this document there is a copy of this site logo but when rendered by QuickPdf it appears as a garbled picture.

I would appreciate having some clue about this problem that is ruining a near finished program.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JuanMaria
Greetings from Spain.

Juan Maria.
swb1 View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 06 at 1:12PM

This is not an uncommon rendering result. There are a number of threads in the forum that cover this topic in detail. You may wish to search on "Render" or "GDIplus". I will save you the time of reading through them and tell you that you will not find the answer in this forum. The solution may lie in the way in which you encode the image and/or the tool you use to create the PDF. Nonetheless, as far as I know, nobody participating in this forum has been able to solve the image rendering issues.

sb

JuanMaria View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 06 at 1:13PM
I'm still investiganting and I've found that if I edit the graphic -even if I only move it a little- with Acrobat and save the document it starts working on qpdf.

I've made a file comparation and it semms that Acrobat lefts the old picture and inserts a new one at the end of the document and it seems that this new one has no
/Filter [/ASCII85Decode /LZWDecode]

Might be that this is where QPDF fails?.

Is there any workaround?.

Thanks again.
Greetings from Spain.

Juan Maria.
JuanMaria View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 06 at 1:18PM
Originally posted by swb1 swb1 wrote:

This is not an uncommon rendering result. There are a number of threads in the forum that cover this topic in detail. You may wish to search on "Render" or "GDIplus"

Thank you.

Yes, I've been reading some posts about that and, sadly, as you say I didn't find any solution.

I'm considering buying the source code but I'm afraid about spending a lot of money and not being able to solve this problem.

Edited by JuanMaria
Greetings from Spain.

Juan Maria.
swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 06 at 2:45PM

I found that there are a number of problems with rendering. Some where the parameters for GDIplus calls are incorrect, others involving filters, and some where GDIplus fails to do the right thing. I do not think there is any work-around and the code to make the fixes requires GDIplus API knowledge. I have very little - so I will not attempt to tackle it until it is a direct problem for my applications.

sb

chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 06 at 6:35PM
Originally posted by JuanMaria JuanMaria wrote:

/Filter [/ASCII85Decode /LZWDecode]

Might be that this is where QPDF fails?.

Is there any workaround?.

If the problem is in the LZWDecode, it could be that you inserted the image as a .GIF, which, IIRC, uses LZW compression. Try converting the image to another format, such as .png, to see if it gets saved by your report engine without the LZWDecode. Just a thought.
JuanMaria View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 06 at 2:49AM
Thank you for your answers!

I finally solved the problem. Since I had little hopes working on the QuickPdf side of the problem, I started reading the QuickReport PDFFilter source looking for a way to eliminate the /LZWDecode filter.

It was easier than I suspected, the problem was that this filter is undoumented on the QuickReport manuals but after looking at the comentaries on the source file I learned that there was a boolean property named "compressionOn".

I had only to add a line to my source code and now it works smoothly I'll include it below in case someone else gests stuck with this problem.

qf := TQRPDFFilter.create(fn);
try
qf.CompressionOn := False; // That was the key
ExportToFilter(qf);          
finally
qf.Free;
end;
Greetings from Spain.

Juan Maria.
tyke View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 07 at 9:39AM
Hi JuanMaria!

It was more than a year ago, that you wrote to this topic, and I am interested in, from where can someone get a PDFFilter object for Delphi. There is so few results on searhing: TQRPDFFilter, and I could not pay to qusoft without being sure, that PDF Filter will work fine to me as well.

If you could help me with somehow I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Tyke
JuanMaria View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 07 at 6:11AM
Hi,

TQRPDFFilter is part of the Quick Report package that you can get at http://www.qbss.com/
Greetings from Spain.

Juan Maria.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic