Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding and filling "Bookmarks"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding and filling "Bookmarks"
    Posted: 27 Apr 06 at 6:48AM

I know bookmarks mean something different with pdf then with Word but what I want to do is the following.

I want to create a new pdf document. This document contains some basic items (like our logo and a number) I also want to add some "bookmarks" like in Word to some locations in the pdf. after this I want to save the pdf.

The next time I want to open the pdf and fill in the bookmarks. Is this posible with quickpdf and if so how can I do this

Thanks in advance

christian

Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 06 at 5:50PM

Yes it is possible. The bookmarks in this type of PDF would actually point to specific pages. If you know the specific pages which you want to bookmark, then you could do a loop excuting the following code:

iSEDSelectPage (page)

iSEDNewOutline (0, "Bookmark Text", page, iSEDPageHeight())

This worked for my company. The only issue is if you are adding LARGE number of bookmarks, QuickPDF will fail with memory issues. You need to add the bookmarks in chucks whereby you save, close & then reload the file between each chunk.

Wheely

cpri View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 06 at 4:16AM

Thanks for you info

What do you mean with "large"

I checked the NewOutline function in the manual but it seems that there's only a positioning in vertical diriction. How can I select the horisontal postion of the "Bookmark"

Maybe I can us a some kind of table

Edited by cpri
Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 06 at 5:23PM
Well, my company was adding over 1000 bookmarks in one case. To get it to work, they had to break up the bookmark adding to 500 bookmarks at a time. That way we avoided any memory issues.

I am not sure about the horizontal positioning but you may want to play around with the last parameter for NewOutline. Look in the help about destinations. You may find an answer there.

Wheeley
cpri View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 06 at 8:23AM
Ok thanks so large isn't a problem in our case.
I checed the help for the destinations parameter but not much there (ISEDQuickPdf reference V5.11) So if some of you have some more info about the destination

Christian

Edited by cpri
cpri View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 06 at 2:28PM
Ok I found a way tho overcome the limits of the Newoutline function.
In the NewOutline function the X position is always set to zero.
I made a new NewOutline function "NewOutlineXY" wich is capable of handeling the X and Y pos.
I also wrote a function to retreive the values semilar to the getOutlineDest function "GetOutlineDestXY"
You need to have the sourcecode for this so if there is some intressed from any of you maby we can ask to put these functions (they have to be cleaned up) for
Version 5.15. If nobody is interessted fine by me then I just add the functions my self to the new versions

Edited by cpri
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 06 at 4:01PM
Even if nobody needs these functions right now you should include them in the new version. One day they will be used...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic