Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rendering interactive Pdf forms to images issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rendering interactive Pdf forms to images issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rendering interactive Pdf forms to images issue
    Posted: 23 Feb 22 at 2:32PM
We are using QPDF version 17.11 for the document management with Delphi Xe10. The problem appears when we use PDFium engine to render Pdf interactive Form pages into images. Namely, the context of the form controls is blank on an image. Yet the only possible solution I found seems is flattening forms into plain Pdf. Is this the only way to go? 
Vladimir View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 22 at 10:13PM
It looks that flattening forms' fields (FlattenAllFormFields()) doesn't work with Delphi FoxIt library. Adding a call for SetRenderOptions() to include rendering form controls has no affect neither. The interactive AcroForm are still precented with empty fields when rendering to an Image. Something is broken there ... Any ideas?  
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 22 at 11:14AM
I have also found that QPDF fails to render form field content for some (but not all) samples of PDF documents with form fields.  We are using v18 and Delphi 10.4.2.  To show form field content reliably we have to use the PDFIUM DLL, but I have not tested with the QPDF rendering option which selects the use of this DLL. When you say you use PDFIUM, do you mean that you use the QPDF option to select it, or do you instead call it directly or via the Winsoft wrapper?
Vladimir View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 22 at 2:35PM
Well, we built a wrapper for Foxit Quick PDF Library (DebenuPDFLibrary1711.pas etc.) with setting the rendering engine to PDFium. I tried to render at least two Pdf AcroForm docs and both show blank form fields when pages rendered to images. Neither SetRenderOptions(1, 1) (forcing the FGDIPlusSettings.RenderFormFields) nor FlattenAllFormFields() affect the result. Switching back to DPLR rendering engine brings form fields back, however with DPLR we see poor OCR results in some docs (unreadable characters). Any suggestions? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic