Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moving/Shifting pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving/Shifting pages
    Posted: 14 Aug 20 at 2:35PM
I have a number of large PDFs that need to have the content moved or shifted over.  The documents were created with almost no margin so the text is all on the left.  I need to move everything on every page to the right about an inch.  In a couple of cases the documents were created in Landscape when they should have been Portrait.  What's the best way to do this?

Thx,

Bob 
mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 20 at 1:34AM
firstly you must enumerate each page
check if is Landscape and eventually rotate 
this part will be easier 

secondly
you should shift with... i will find how I do somthing similar ... in one of my project.
will back soon...
Here you can find description how to test my examples:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2932&PID=12600&title=drawcapturedpagematrix-matrix-howto#12600
Sopracenery View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sopracenery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 20 at 9:45PM
you should shift with...
the following sequence:
- SetGlobalOrigin(1 or 5 or 7)      //   top left will be the root corner of the pages
- SelectPage(1)        // iterate all pages of your document. In this example go always to page 1
- CapturePage()      // remove this page to hidden memory,
                             // returns ID for use with later DrawCapturedPage()
- InsertPages(PageCount+1, 1)    // need a new empty page at the end to draw to
- SelectPage(PageCount)        // goto that page
- DrawCapturedPage(ID, Left := +1 inch, Top:=0, Width:=... , Height:=...)       // draw with shift of 1 inch to the new page. Keep same values for width and height as your source page.

This works with files that fit into your memory. For larger files DA... functions may help.

To turn orientation insert the new empty page in the orientation of your choice (e.g. "A4"=Portrait):
- InsertPages(PageCount+1, 1)
- SetPageSize("A4 Landscape") or SetPageSize("A4")    // or other formats

Martin

Edited by Sopracenery - 01 Sep 20 at 8:41AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic