Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Document has been altered, incompatible signatures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Document has been altered, incompatible signatures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Document has been altered, incompatible signatures
    Posted: 21 Aug 19 at 6:34PM
Hi,

I have a curious problem. 
I use Debenu (iOS version 16.13) as framework to working with a PDF document and add signature. 
If I insert signatures only through Debenu everything is OK, Adobe Reader show that signatures are valid and OK. However, if I add another signature through another application that uses iText or Apitron technology, for example, all signatures entered through the Debenu are invalid. The bug is not in other applications, they are tested among themselves and work well.

Next example, if I have 2 signature fields and I sign one through the Debenu, I can't sign the other through the Adobe reader.
If I sign the first signature field through another application, I can also insert the second signature through Adobe Reader.

I use Debenu iOS, version 16.13, I use incremental save, after added new signature I call method:
- "getSignProcessResult" - that return value: "1 - The file was signed successfully"
after that I call 
- "releaseSignProcess" - that return value: "1 - Successfully deleted the signing process"
Adobe Reader show signatures as valid, unless someone else inserts the signature as I wrote.

I have linked a link to two PDFs,

first "iText_android.pdf" is signed via iText on Android and Adobe Reader can sign the second signature field (after allow editing)
second file "Debenu_ios.pdf" is signed via Debenu on iPad and Adobe Reader CAN'T sign the second signature field (after allow editing).

I think there's something wrong with the signature process in Debenu

Please what is wrong? How can I fix it?

Edited by Puty - 21 Aug 19 at 9:55PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 19 at 9:35PM
Hi Puty,

perhaps this link can help:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/digital-signature-destroyed_topic1584.html
There's described what happens when QuickPDF load and save a pdf.
This could result into the issues you've described.
Try it with incremental...

Cheers,
Ingo

Puty View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 19 at 9:54PM
Hi,

thanks for your reply, I read this post, but this is not the same problem.
I don't have problem with Save/ Load, I use incremental Save (setAppendInput method).
I have problem with incompatible signature with another technologies.

Edited by Puty - 21 Aug 19 at 10:03PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 19 at 10:00PM
"...
if I add another signature through another application that uses iText or Apitron technology, for example, all signatures entered through the Debenu are invalid
..."

For me that's (above) a bug from the other apps.
The other thing: The link should gib´ve you an idea cause QP damaged other signatures if you're doing a normal load and (later) save for your new signature?

Let us wait few days if another user have an idea for you...

Cheers,
Ingo

Puty View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 19 at 9:04PM
Hi Ingo,

I probably found the source of the problem.
In the page http://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx you can validate PDF file.
If I try validate a PDF file signed via Debenu on iOS, validation show this errors

Result Document does not conform to PDF/A.
Details Validating file "ios2.pdf" for conformance level pdf1.7
The value of the key S must not be of type integer.
The key Subtype is required but missing.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document doesn't conform to the PDF reference (missing required entries, wrong value types, etc.).
The document doesn't provide appropriate logical structure information.
The document does not conform to the PDF 1.7 standard.
Done.

I'm worried about these alerts:
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document doesn't conform to the PDF reference (missing required entries, wrong value types, etc.).
The document doesn't provide appropriate logical structure information.
The document does not conform to the PDF 1.7 standard.

Please can you tell me how to fix these errors?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 19 at 10:09PM
Hi,

i'm using this online checker, too.
Try to use function CheckFileCompliance first:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/CheckFileCompliance.php
Perhaps then you'll see immediately what's wrong.

I don't have iOS-experiences.
If you've still probs you should contact the official support pages.

Cheers,
Ingo

Puty View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 19 at 2:13PM
Hi Ingo,

I found a solution to my problem. :) 
I had set the SetNeedAppearance while load the document, as recommended in best practice, but it caused problems in the next insertion of signatures.

Now it's all ok :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic