Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debenu/Foxit - QuickPDF version 16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Debenu/Foxit - QuickPDF version 16
    Posted: 21 Oct 18 at 2:21PM
I have no idea if this forum is an appropriate  avenue, but I am mightily puzzled.  Ever since the Foxit/Debenu merger, I get the feeling that QuickPDF is on its way out.  I really like QuickPDF, but it is getting more and more difficult to love.  In September, I received a license key for version 16, but there was no download link that I could locate, and customer service did not respond to my query.  This morning I tried again, and I get this Catch-22.  To download version 16, one must fill out a web form requesting it (??), even though they sent out my license key.  The web form has perfectly reasonable fields to fill in, but both FireFox and Chrome choke on accepting a perfectly valid email address.

My question is: "Is QuickPDF still a real product?", or was it purchased to funnel customers to other Foxit products.

Follow-on question - If it is "real", why do I have to dig through my old bookmarks to get to this forum?  This has always been a useful place to learn and share about QuickPDF.

Howard
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 18 at 3:12PM
Hi Howard,

okay... perhaps the support isn't as good as it was years before but using the latest version for registered users (with a license key) is as easy as it was before:
Fill out the form (this gives the team more overview where's the library):
https://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/trial/
and then download the latest version and use it with your license key.
In your case i don't see a real problem (but there are other problems... that's true).

Cheers,
Ingo

HNRSoftware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 18 at 3:39PM
Cheers back Ingo, but note the Catch-22.  For this reply, I decided to try Internet Explorer as well, and this actually allows me to enter an email address, so that part is OK.

OK, so now I have requested a "trial version", with not even the slightest hint that the trial version is precisely the release version, but time-limited unless a license key is entered.  It seems to me that the download request form should say "Download version 16", rather than "Download Trial version", and have a footnote about the time-limit.

I don't know about your memory, but I only upgrade QuickPDF every year or two, so I do not have the procedure quirks at my fingertips - I rely on clear instructions.  The email sending me my license key did give me a link to the download request form, but that just talks about trial versions.  A search of my emails shows me that for version 15, I did get a direct link to a download exe along with the license key.

I'm not exactly complaining about Foxit support, but by using this forum, I got a reply back in less than an hour, whereas I get an automatic reply from Foxit Customer Service with no indication of what I might expect next.

thanks - Howard
HNRSoftware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 18 at 4:38PM
I did get my download response quickly, so I'm all happy again.  Now to see what new fun I can have...  Howard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic