Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Multi-threaded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi-threaded
    Posted: 06 Mar 06 at 2:57PM
Is printing with the TiSEDQuickPDF, Delphi component, multi-threaded safe?
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 06 at 6:02PM
No, it is not. It uses the Printer object of Delphi, which seems to support only one print at time. When you try to use the PrintDocument function in several threads, you have to make it thread safe by yourself (CriticalSection for example). Otherwise exceptions are thrown.

I hope my description is sufficiant.
bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 06 at 12:51PM
Yup.  Thanks.  I figured that was probably the case, since it is a Delphi component.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic