Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curious PDF bug on vectorial display?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curious PDF bug on vectorial display?
    Posted: 08 Dec 16 at 6:07PM
Hi to all you,

A long time user of quickpdf - and a satisfied one by the way. The issue I have is not really related to quickpdf but to the pdf format and possibly reader software as well.

We are fully building large multi-page pdf content from scratch with this wonderful API. Up to recently the content was mostly text and images (png-s), most of them generated on the fly. 

Since a couple of months we produce "vector-based-content" i-e "images" that are "pdf-vector-built". We use chartdirector for this. And it now works quite fine. Our pdfs are crisper and, in most cases, more compacts. We we able to import all of graphical evidence as pdf vector material instead of png. Text are crisp and vectors are indeed vectors including in pdfs! Great achievementSmile

We still have a problem when the output is "multi-page". When compacting the content with "save as" in the reader package, the page content of page X can be relocated haphazardly on page Y.CryCry

It looks like the reader package (both acrobat and foxit seem to behave in a similar way here) are not clearly distinguishing the content of each page as "distinct stuff" and are trying to "save space".

Any way I can make sure that each of these"pdf-based images" integrated on the fly is 'tagged", "marked" as independent, isolated content and avoid this messy behaviour!

Daniel

Daniel75 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 16 at 1:39PM
test
Daniel75 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 16 at 1:58PM
Hi all of you, pdf hackers and gurus,

Some work done on this issue here:)

It appears that the pdf compression run by "Acrobat (pro and standard)" "save as..." functionality fully destroys the vector content as part of the "compression" made...

I could not feel solutions on my own to this challenging problem and would be quite glad if any among the pdf-hackers on this great forum (and possibly within Debenu as well) could come back with a fix.

I understand that this "cleaning process", which is way too strong here and, on top of the welcome font cleaning, quite literally destroys the sophisticated vector content. I am no expert in Acrobat.  But this behaviour cannot be easily restricted within the convoluted Acrobat interface.

The solution? Run the "smarter" production of "optimized pdf" export with the "discard objects" panel option disabled. But well, from a "User-Experience" perspective the damage is done.

If anyone can come up with an alternative solution - a hack that would possibly prevent this destructive compression - that would prevent the "aggressive behaviour" by Acrobat (pro and standard only) when saving and compressing this high-end vector-bound output, they are welcomeSmile

In the absence of such a trick, we may have to forget about this very nice "vectorial output" and resort to "png" embedding except for high-end users... Pixelated images when one should be able to avoid them. A pity in 2017Embarrassed

Daniel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic