Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Printmarks in every single color channel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin.weigl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printmarks in every single color channel
    Posted: 15 Sep 16 at 1:14PM
Hello,

i need to draw print marks in every single color channel in my PDF.
Background:
i generate a PDF programmatically in order to have this PDF passed on to printing offices. The PDFs contain the color channles C,M,Y and K and addtitionally some separation color channels.
I was told that every single color channel should have the exact same print mark embedded so that the press rooms are able to print "their" content to the exact positions.
I can render the printing mark (a cross and a circle) to the color channels C,M,Y and K, but when i print them again to the separation color channels, everything printed before is overwritten.
i found some functionalities concerning "streams" (formerly handled as "layers") which seemed to be what i was looking for.
Unfortunately, the behaviour (previously printed print marks are overwritten) still remains the same.
What can i do to place the print mark into every color channel at the exactly same Position?

Regards,
martin
martin.weigl View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin.weigl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 8:38AM
Does nobody have an idea how to place something (i. e. lines, circles, etc.) in every color channel of a PDF?
By calling the method
.SetLineColorCMYK(double, double, double, double)
i can draw a line into the four color channels "Cyan", "Magenta", "Yellow" and "Black" at a time. But how can i draw the same line into other (separation) color channels that i have defined before by calling
.AddSeparationColor(string, double, double, double, double)
without loosing the lines i have drawn before into the other color channels?

Please help,
Martin

Edited by martin.weigl - 26 Sep 16 at 8:40AM
martin.weigl View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote martin.weigl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 19 at 2:45PM
OK, I finally found the solution myself. For others, who might have the same problem - the magic function is SetOverprint(...) which tells the library to not only replace existing content, but print new content over it which results in content with color saturation values > 100%.

Hth,
Martin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic