Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using QuickPDF as viewer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using QuickPDF as viewer
    Posted: 17 Feb 06 at 5:18AM

I downloaded an evalution version of quickpdf. It works very nice. For now I'm using the pdf viewer (ActiveX) of adobe to show the pdf on the screen.

My final goal is to manipulate and to show pdf's without the adobe activeX plugin. For the manipulating part quickpdf works great but how can I show the pdf on screen without the adobe part ??

Thanks in advance

Pirmin View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 06 at 6:32AM

You can use the Search function (a button on top of every Forum page) and Search for the word render. Make sure to set the search options appropriate. There are several posts treating this subject. Some of them include sample code.
In the QuickPDF manual (iSEDQuickPDF 5.11 Reference Guide.pdf) you also can search for render.
This way you can get an overview about the possibilities of QuickPDF and its limits.
When you have more questions, you may give more information about your programming environment.

Best Regards
Pirmin

loic View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 06 at 7:03AM
Hi!

First sorry for my poor English.

I've done an activeX using isedquickpdf to view pdf files.

You can see it at http://www.gdpicture.com

However i don't think that isedquickpdf is a good way to view pdf files. There is many problems with renderings methods.
If you are looking for a pdf viewer i suggest you to look for foxpdf, visage viewer, glyphandcog and pdf-tool.

Loïc
cpri View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 06 at 8:59AM

Ok thanks for the reply's

I will look into the render topics.

I want to use the viewer in Delphi 7.

For sure I take a look to the viewers like foxpdf

chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 06 at 11:34AM
I have a couple of examples of using QuickPDF as a viewer, but as noted above, it's slow and buggy.

The Foxit viewer is very good, but much more expensive. Embedding Adobe Reader is about the best way to go, IMHO, since Reader is installed pretty much everywhere (needs to be Reader 7.x).

I ran across this Delphi PDF viewer component a while back, don't know how good it is, but might be worth a look:

http://www.wpcubed.com/products/pdfviewer/index.htm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic