Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Poll: Debenu Quick PDF Library file & class names
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Poll: Debenu Quick PDF Library file & class names

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Should file/class names include the library version number?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
6 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poll: Debenu Quick PDF Library file & class names
    Posted: 06 Nov 15 at 11:05PM
for note only:

I see that in new version there is old naming convention:
DebenuPDFLibraryAX1211.PDFLibrary
DebenuPDFLibrary64AX1211.PDFLibrary

Here you can find description how to test my examples:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2932&PID=12600&title=drawcapturedpagematrix-matrix-howto#12600
billegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 15 at 1:21PM
I don't use the activex control.  I compile it directly into my application, so it does not matter.

mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 15 at 12:24PM
Please add to each documentation QPDL (Commercial and Lite) and  VIEWER for ActiveX Object such information like:
ClassName
CLSID
IID

this is handy for me to connect to the object without registering in Windows System.
I think this will be handy also for others.

Thanks.

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2932&PID=12600&title=drawcapturedpagematrix-matrix-howto#12600
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 15 at 11:13AM
I think if we do it we'll probably leave the version number in the function reference filename as there's not a major reason to remove it that I can think of.
mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 15 at 8:19AM
Do You plan also change in Developer Guide pdf file name ?

For example:

Debenu Quick PDF Library 11.13 Reference Guide.pdf

to:
Debenu Quick PDF Library Reference Guide.pdf

??

mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 15 at 2:06PM
Please add to the Reference Guide for relevant information about it is that the function works without having to provide a license key.
mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 15 at 1:29PM
btw.
I think the same way (as proposed in this thread) of deploying Viewer is now used in Viewer, and it is very handy.

EDIT: Wording

Edited by mLipok - 30 Jul 15 at 2:09PM
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 15 at 1:28PM
Hi mLipok,

The LibraryVersionEx and LicenseInfo functions should return the information you need. These functions will work even if you don't call UnlockKey function with a trial license key. We would add these to the Lite edition as well.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 15 at 1:24PM
I like this concept.
But it is needed to add to Commercial and Lite version new function/methode:
 .GetLibraryVersion.
or 
.GetLibraryInformation
And this should be accesed even with out using license key.

EDIT:
oops .... I see there is QP.LibraryVersion
and QP.LicenseInfo

But is this function can be used with out setting license key ?
Why they are not provided in Lite version ?

Edited by mLipok - 30 Jul 15 at 1:27PM
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 15 at 9:39AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in seeing what the general consensus is for whether the version number should be included in Debenu Quick PDF Library file and class names. Currently it looks like this for the DLL edition, as an example:

Filename: DebenuPDFLibraryDLL1115.dll
Class name: DebenuPDFLibraryDLL1115.PDFLibrary

Without the version number in there, it would look like this:

Filename: DebenuPDFLibraryDLL.dll
Class name: DebenuPDFLibraryDLL.PDFLibrary

The downside of not having the version number is that you don't immediately know which version you are using, but the upside is that there's less code to update when changing to a newer version. 

The LibraryVersionEx function can be called to return the version number of the library but this function will only work if the library is being initialized successfully. If it is not initialized successfully then the only way to check what version you are using is to right-click on the actual file and go to Properties > Details > File version.

Please vote and leave a comment if you have any feedback you'd like to share.

Cheers,
- Rowan.

Edited by Rowan - 30 Jul 15 at 3:08PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic