Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PDF to TIFF - Wingding font  conversion problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PDF to TIFF - Wingding font conversion problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF to TIFF - Wingding font conversion problem
    Posted: 22 Jul 15 at 5:39PM
I have a PDF document that contains characters 111, 253, 161 and 164 from the Windows Wingding font (see chart below).

These characters represent some radio buttons and checkboxes.

When I convert this PDF document to TIFF (or any other format) using the RenderDocumentToFile API, those characters are not converted properly.

For example the unchecked radio button (161) gets converted to one of the clock character (193).

The checked radio button (164) gets converted to the left arrow character (219).

The unchecked checkbox (111) seem to get converted properly.

The checked checkbox (253) seem to get converted to a character similar to character (128).

I am currently using DebenuPDFLibraryDLL0913.dll.

Can you please investigate this bug and let me know if there is a quick fix.

I have the actual PDF file available, but I cannot find a way to attach this PDF file to my post. Can you please tell how I can send you this PDF so that you can investigate this problem.

Note: When looking at the properties of the PDF document, I can see that the Wingdings font is included in the PDF file.
michelw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote michelw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 15 at 3:15PM
I have found a solution to fix this.

Basically, we just need to tell QuickPDF to use the Macroman encoding for the 'Wingdings' font.

We can do this by calling SetFontEncoding(1) for the 'Wingdings' font.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic