Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Printing Multiple Copies from QuickPDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidwilcoxen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing Multiple Copies from QuickPDF
    Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 11:47AM

I need to generate multiple-copy print jobs from QuickPDF, but I haven't found any syntax for specifying more than one copy. I would have expected a print option for number of copies, but just don't see it. Has anyone else needed to print multiple copies? Is there a better way than just sending multiple print requests?

Thanks very much for reading.

swb1 View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 12:05PM

In Delphi I would simply put in :

Printer.Copies := NumOfCopies;

before making the call to print.

I assume most other languages have wrappers for the printer that do this as well.

As a last resort you could just loop your call to print NumOfCopies times.

Steve
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 12:11PM
Have a look at this thread:

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=276

Edited by JanN
davidwilcoxen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidwilcoxen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 2:00PM

Jan,

Indeed, that appears to do the trick! Are the various custom printer setup options documented somewhere? How did you know '4' is the value to set the number of copies?

Thanks a million!

-David

Pirmin View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 3:24PM

Hi Jan, hi David

After reading your post about the solution, I have been searching the manual for the function SetupCustomerPrinter and I also could not find any description.
The reason is that the function name in www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=276 has a spelling mistake.
With the correct function name SetupCustomPrinter you will find the description in the manual.

Best Regards
Pirmin

JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 3:41PM
Sorry, my fault.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic