Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SaveToFile always returns 0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igor.o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SaveToFile always returns 0
    Posted: 20 Jun 14 at 7:01AM
Hi,

It always worked but now SaveToFile method returns 0. In the documentation it means that "The file could not be created". What can I understand from it? I do it after calling DrawImage method which returns 1 (The image was drawn successfully). The file exists because I'm trying to add an image to the same file. I checked the permissions.

What else can I check to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Igor
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 14 at 7:04AM
Hi Igor,

Are you using the trial version by any chance? If so, check to see if the trial license key has expired. This would stop SaveToFile from working. Call LicenseInfo.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
igor.o View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igor.o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 14 at 5:17AM
Hi Rowan,
I have a license for QuickPdf. I noticed that when I try to save a file to "C:\Temp" then it works but when to \\OURIP\\Archives\\ it doesn't even it worked recently. What permissions I need to save file with QuickPdf? What can I check now? 
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 14 at 10:49AM
Hi igor.o,

You will need at least read/write permissions for the directory you want to save files to. You can try the TestTempPath function to see if the folder you are saving to has the necessary permissions.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 14 at 10:50AM
Use the SetTempPath to set the directory before calling TestTempPath...
igor.o View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igor.o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 14 at 8:14PM
Hi Rowan,

It looks very strange because the both functions (SetTempPath and TestTempPath) return 1. SaveToFile however, called after them returns 0.

Any ideas?
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 14 at 11:03AM
Igor,

This is a simple permissions problem not related to the library.  You will need to talk to the administrator of the server to get Read/Write/Create/Update etc access to the directory.

Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic