Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some pages Portrait, some Landscape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some pages Portrait, some Landscape
    Posted: 06 May 14 at 10:35PM
Hi.  I have a PDF document where the first page is landscape and the rest is portrait.  I need to use custom print settings presumably using DPL.PrintDocument().  Is there a way to tell the API to print each page in its natural orientation or do I have to create a special case and submit two print jobs - one in landscape and another in portrait?

Thanks,

Arthur
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 14 at 11:03AM
You could load the PDF, modify the rotation value for the first page, and print the whole document as portrait.  Remember that the first page, when you load it, could either have height<width or could just as easily have width<height and a non-zero rotation.  Both would appear the same when viewed.
Chopinke View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopinke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 14 at 5:34AM
How about using the PrintPages function?
hrdware View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrdware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 14 at 7:21PM
Originally posted by abutler abutler wrote:

Hi.  I have a PDF document where the first page is landscape and the rest is portrait.  I need to use custom print settings presumably using DPL.PrintDocument().  Is there a way to tell the API to print each page in its natural orientation or do I have to create a special case and submit two print jobs - one in landscape and another in portrait?

Thanks,

Arthur

Two things I can think of:

1) When setting up the printer options to pass to the print command, set the Auto Rotate and Center Option (QP.PrintOptions(PageScaling,AutoRotateandCenter,'Title'))

2)I have the same problem and can't use the auto rotate and center so as someone else already mentioned, I wrote some code to rotate every page into a portrait layout when printing, then print the document.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic