Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Password for Updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Password for Updates
    Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 8:13AM

I went ahead and purchased the 1-developer site license yesterday in hopes that I can resolve a certain issue I'm having printing a PDF generated by QuickPDF.  I've been able to develop a work-around by using the Reader the print out the file, but I would prefer a more elegant/seamless solution by using QuickPDF.  I'm using the ActiveX version, and as stated in previous posts, it seems to be v4.42 (that's what version is displayed in the DLL).  How can I get the password so I can log into the updates area?

tallen14218 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen14218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 10:58AM

As far as I can tell you don't need any password to download the latest version. If you purchased a license, then your license key should work with any newer version of the library that you download and install.

In fact, I went to the iSED site today and downloaded/registered the most recent version without any issues:

http://www.isedquickpdf.com/?pg=download&sc=ax

Regards,

Tom

Tom
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 11:37AM
We have developed a new inofficial version with a few bugfixes (V5.13). Just send your license key to either Ingo or Michel_K17. They are able to determine if it is a legal key. Then you will receive the password for "downloads" area of quickpdf.org.

Edited by JanN
Comsoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 11:38AM

Tom,

My confusion on the issue is that when I download the ActiveX version from www.isedquickpdf.com, the zip file name says 5.11, but when you look at the version stamp on the dll it says 4.42.  I was wondering if the "updates" section on the forum has a download for the same file, and this section requires a password, or is this section only for source code.

tallen14218 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen14218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 11:54AM

Comsoft,

If you do a QP.LibraryVersion(), 5.11 will display. I am guessing that the version stamp on the dll was never updated.

Jan,

Is there a list of bugfixes in v5.13?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom
Comsoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 12:01PM

You are correct, it does display 5.11.  My hopes are dwindling on a resolution to my problem.  I have requested a copy of 5.13 to see if this will correct my print issue.

Thanks for all the help!

JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 12:42PM
Three fixes were made:

* Type: BUG FIX

o Description: Added new unit "uPDFDecimalSeparator.pas" which provides number-to-string conversion. This additional code ensures that the decimal separator in numbers ("." in English, "," in Germany, France) is properly converted even if the user changes his locale while the QuickPDF is calculating the conversion. The following units were modified to take advantage of the new unit: uPDFExtra, uPDFForm, uPDFPainter, uPDFSmartAccess, uPDFStructure
          o Unit: uPDFDecimalSeparator.pas
          o Procedure: (see above)
          o Change: (see above)
          o Author: JanN

* Type: BUG FIX

o Description: Fixed Original code which was causing a loss of 8 bytes on every call. Added line "FColorManager.Free;"
          o Unit:uPDFImageDecoder.pas approx Line:1300
          o Procedure: TPDFImageDecoder.SetColorManager
          o Change: Added FColorManager.Free;
          o Author: swb1

* Type: BUG FIX (added at v5.12)

o Description: Fixed temporary jpg files created in the "Program Files\PDF reDirect\bin" folder when printing a PDF. The offending code was found around line 1046 of v5.11 of uPDFImageDecoder.pas and commented-out.
          o Unit:uPDFImageDecoder.pas approx Line:1046
          o Procedure: TPDFImageDecoder.LoadJPEG
          o Change: Commented out Code.
          o Author: JanN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic