Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CGI cannot load IsedQuickPDF.dll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CGI cannot load IsedQuickPDF.dll
    Posted: 10 Sep 13 at 4:06PM
Whether or not  you can load a 32-bit DLL on a 64-bit OS depends on the bitness of the process loading the DLL, and not on the bitness of the OS.  Your symptoms point to the fact that the process failing to load the DLL is a 64-bit process, and the processes succeeding in loading the DLL are 32-bit processes.

In Server 2008 you can configure IIS to run 32-bit apps.  I don't know about 2012, but look in MSDN. 
Boris View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 13 at 1:20PM
Yes, this was my first thought also...
But on this Windows 2012 Server another desktop app is running using the older "IsedQuickPDF.DLL" which works perfect. Also, the newer "QuickPDFDLL1707.DLL" works and also the trial latest "QuickPdfDLL1909.dll" also works. All this in a desktop application and all these DLLs are 32-bit

When I try to run my Web application under IIS, it hangs when loading the DLL, no mater which version I use. What confuses me the most is the fact that the same app runs perfect even with the oldest DLL (IsedQuickPDF.DLL) on
XP
Windows 2003 Server
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7
no mater what system is (32-bit or 64-bit) The application runs with this oldest DLL since 2007

Only the Windows Server 2012 is the problem
I need to load the DLL by using "LoadLibrary()" function and the program hangs when trying to load the DLL.
I am not using ActiveX version, using standard DLL

More and more of my clients are switching to Windows Server 2012 and I am stuck Confused

Better to write programs than not to write programs...
JensBP View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JensBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 13 at 9:40AM
Hi

My initial guess would be an incorrect DLL version.

Windows Server 2012 is a 64bit OS so the default for IIS applications is probably also 64bit, this would mean that the Debenu QuickPDF DLL would need to also be the 64bit version.

If you already have checked this and its correct then I have no idea

Regards,
Jens Bejer
Boris View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 13 at 12:40AM
Hello,

I used for many years the IsedQuickPDF.DLL in my Web application to Load template PDF, write data on it and save it under some other name.
This works perfect on XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 for years

On Windows Server 2012 - the program hangs when trying to load this library

I chacked all IIS permissions for the folder containing the DLL and also the permissions for the DLL itself.
I set the permissions for IUSR and even for Everyone and Users, Administartors ...
The program hangs if works on Windows Server 2012. I tried several machines where the Windows Server 2012 is installed.

Then  I recall my company bought the  QuickPDFDLL0717.dll somewhere on 2010 and tried this library. The same problem.

If I run some desktop application which also uses any of these two DLL, no problem, so I isolated the problem to CGI application only.
The CGI itself is an EXE type of application

I setup all versions of IIS, from XP to Windows server 2008 and I did it hundreds of times. I am not a beginner of the IIS setup and I think I have enough experience, unless some problem like this shows up. This time I ran out of ideas, what else to try.

I put DLL in the same folder where the data reside, Then I put the DLL in the same folder where EXE resides. Then I put the DL into some other folder. Nothing helped. The program does not issue any message (I tried to track down the problem by issuing some debug messages after loading DLL) - it just hands forever leaving the application EXE in a memory and I have to kill it from Task Manager.

Can somebody help and give me some advice what and how should I setup IIS?
Where else I should check?
I visited all I can on internet and no help found.

(Using xHarbour to create Web app EXE)

Better to write programs than not to write programs...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic