Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GetPageLabel returns page number...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdaragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GetPageLabel returns page number...
    Posted: 22 Aug 13 at 6:33PM
Hi;

I'm looking at using the QuickPDFLibrary for an application which involves weekly XML updates to a series of large PDF documents which are page numbered in various ways ("iiv", "3", "2 - 17" etc). In order to associate the updates with individual pages I have to be able to query the page labels within the PDF.  I've tried using GetPageLabel(), but this seems always to return a string representing the integer I pass it, rather than the page label that the Adobe reader would return.  Is anyone else experiencing this? The library version is 0914.

jd
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 13 at 3:23AM
jd,

We would need to see the problem PDF file to test it and see what is happening.

If the PDF is private then you can send a support request through to support@debenu.com and it will be only seen by the Debenu support staff.

Andrew.
jdaragon View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdaragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 13 at 9:30AM
Thanks - I'll see if I can generate a test case (partially to make it easier to analyse and partially to avoid the embarrassment of having misinterpreted somethingSmile)

jd
jdaragon View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdaragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 13 at 6:24PM
Well, this appears to have been a bit of an anomaly - the source page that I had been using for testing had been labelled (I infer) in an invalid manner. Adobe's reader displayed the applied labels, but QuickPDF didn't. Removing all of the labels and repaginating (which is what we intend to do anyway...) sorted the problem out.  JD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic