Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese characters missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mark@breezy.com View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark@breezy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese characters missing
    Posted: 05 Jul 13 at 3:01AM
When we render a Japanese PDF document, a few fonts are missing. < id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">

We have both the Japanese Acrobat Reader plugin and the full suite of fonts on the host.

I've attached the original PDF and what emerges with QuickPDF's printDocument().

original
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2owqig3ofmrv1rc/OriginalPDFform.pdf

rendered by QuickPdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi6whzyyyrf2fhq/PrintedByBrrezy.pdf

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 13 at 12:40PM
Testing of Unicode in the forum :  These are the two characters that are missing

小鉄

Andrew.
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 13 at 10:54AM
I see no evidence of 'missing fonts' in your sample, and the fact that the characters are in a field seems a much more likely cause of the problem than that two common glyphs are missing from the font.

What version of the Debenu library are you using?  Debenu have made huge improvements in Japanese rendering in recent releases, and there are no missing characters when I try to render your sample in 9.15B4.
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 13 at 1:54PM
Mark,

Are you calling QP.UpdateAppearanceStream by any chance ?  I can only reproduce the problem if I update the formfield appearance stream otherwise it renders correctly in 9.15.

Andrew.
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 13 at 8:32AM
Mark,

I have added a fix to UpdateAppearanceStream function so that it regenerates these characters correctly.  This will be included in the 9.15 Final which is due out later this week.

Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic