Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Catastrophic Failure using DeletePages()

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catastrophic Failure using DeletePages()
    Posted: 11 Jan 06 at 9:48AM

I have code the merges a series of PDFs together and have started to encounter errors. I am running version 4.15* and receiving the following message:

error '8000ffff'

Catastrophic failure

/home/groups/public/documents/program/Forms_Merge_test.asp, line 55

This line of code is calling the QP.DeletePages(1,1) method. It does not happen on all sets of PDFs.

This is part of a process that merges multiple PDFs files together. The basic flow of the program uses the QP.NewDocument to create a base file, then merges a list of files using the QP.LoadFromFile() and QP.MergeDocument() methods. After all files are merged, the DeletePages() method is called to remove the initial blank page.

This process has been working for some time. I am thinking I am hitting a memory limit or memory leak.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this one?

* I am not running version 5.11 of the library because of bugs encountered merging forms with numerous fillable fields.

Edited by bogey
bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 06 at 11:24AM

I have rewritten the application to merge the files in the file system instead of memory and eliminated the need for the DeletePages() call.

The process of merging the files in memory was corrupting the PDF to the point where I could not delete pages.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic