Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - v8.16 won't compile with Delphi XE2 Upd4 Hotfix 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

v8.16 won't compile with Delphi XE2 Upd4 Hotfix 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wingnut View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v8.16 won't compile with Delphi XE2 Upd4 Hotfix 1
    Posted: 23 Jul 12 at 4:02AM
::One has U4 in its name and the other does not, which means that one works with Update 4 and
::the other does not.

I didn't realize "U4" stood for Update 4. It turns out I had the non-U4 installed. Once I switched to U4, XE2 Upd4 HotFix1 compiled fine.

Thanks for the help. Smile

Wingnut

tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 12 at 8:13PM
Did you notice that there are two ZIP files containing 32-bit DCUs for XE2 (and two for 64 also)?  One has U4 in its name and the other does not, which means that one works with Update 4 and the other does not.
Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 12 at 10:56PM
Don't know much about Delphi, but could your app be using Ansi strings where QuickPDF uses Unicode strings? Just a thought.

Wheeley
Wingnut View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 12 at 7:09PM
I just downloaded QuickPDF today and tried to compile a Win32 app using Delphi XE2 that had QuickPDF0816 in a Uses clause. The library path is set to the directory with the DCU files.

I get a compile error saying:
[DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(6): F2051 Unit QuickPDFExtra was compiled with a different version of System.AnsiStrings.AnsiCompareStr

Has QuickPDF v8.16 been compiled with the latest Delphi XE2 Upd4 Hotfix 1?
Or is there another reason for this error?

TIA
Wingnut
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic