Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using QuickPDF on a hosted website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using QuickPDF on a hosted website
    Posted: 12 May 12 at 2:42AM
You actually figured it out yourself, you just don't realize it. You MUST register the QuickPDFAX0726.dll on the host computer to use it. That is how ActiveX components work. I you can (and I am not an expert on C#) you should try to use the other dll which requires no registering.

Wheeley
waynefulcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 12 at 6:03PM
I am totally not sure what I am doing wrong here.
I have written some c# code in my asp.net application that uses the QuickPDF dll and runs fine on my computer when running inside Visual Studio.

But when I publish everything to my hosted web server by GoDaddy, it keeps crashing saying:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {379ADE06-ECA2-458E-A46F-9A7690F930B1} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Here is a snippet of my code that works on my computer:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

string dllName = Path.Combine(System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetName().CodeBase), "QuickPDFAX0726.dll");

QuickPDFAX0726.PDFLibrary pdf = new QuickPDFAX0726.PDFLibrary(dllName);
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I made sure the Quick PDF dll was loaded in my sites ..\bin folder.
My first question is I noticed when reading other peoples questions that their dll file name was more like QuickPDFDLL0726.dll and mine is AX inplace of DLL. Is there a different .dll file for Active-X than there would be for what I need. So am I using the wrong file? The only thing I can think is that of course I registered the .dll on my computer using the regsvr32 command and of course I am not allowed to do that on the web server from GoDaddy. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong I am in a real jam here.

Thanks
Wayne       

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic