Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Form Fill mode on website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
waynefulcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Form Fill mode on website
    Posted: 03 May 12 at 2:11PM
I want to be able to allow a web user to go to a web page which is basically just a PDF and fill in the blanks using the Adobe snap-in which of course they would have to have installed. (This part I already have working.)

But then I want to somehow add a "Send" button to the page so that I can save the PDF with field data and email the pdf to some address.

I already know how to do everything listed above if I build my own input screen and collect the data for the blanks myself then study the pdf to know what the field names are and write code to open pdf, supply the values for each field save it as a unique file name then email it. But that means I would first have to research the PDF and know what fields are on it in order to know what data to collect on the input screen.

But what I am trying to do is figure out if there is a more "generic" way to use any PDF and allow the Adobe plug-in to handle all the input and save as unique filename so that I could then email that file as a pdf with field data saved in it withoout me having to know anything about the content of the PDF.

I am thinking if there was anyway to memic what adobe does which would be to draw a page as a background image onto a web page then create input fields overlaying the background image position properly then it might be possible.
Does anyone else know of a solution?
I am using C# and ASP.Net for my web development.

Thanks
Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic