Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Source Code Purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardPDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Source Code Purchase
    Posted: 09 Dec 05 at 9:56AM

Hello all. This is my first post. Thanks for providing this forum.

I purchased my iSed license well over a year ago. Is there a confidence level that if I purchase the source code license that I will actually get delivery of it?

HJB
swb1 View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 05 at 10:33AM

I purchased a full source code license back in July. At the time I was only able to get the source code for version 4.41.

In September I noticed that some changes at http://www.isedquickpdf.com/ would now allow me to register and login. When I did, I was recognized as a site licensee and as such I was able to download the latest version of the source code.

I just checked now, and I can still login and download the source code. I don’t know for fact that if you were to purchase today that it would work as well for you.

I suggest that you check with http://www.shareit.com and see it they can provide better information.

Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 05 at 11:26AM
   I think you are OK to purchase risk-free. The purchase is handled by ShareIt and they are really good at giving you a refund as follows: they give iSed 48 hours to resolve the issue with you. After 48 hours, you can tell ShareIt that you want your refund no matter what (if you are not satisfied with your purchase).

What you will find is that the generation of the license key is automated and the iSed web site is still running in a manner that you will be given access to the download area of the source code.

The only "snag" that I know of is that for a few people, the license key is not recognized by the iSed web site, and Michael Khumano(iSed) is no longer responding to any e-mails. However, if this is your case, contact me via e-mail and I will send you a copy of the source code (as long as you can show me a valid license key and a copy of your receipt from ShareIt).

Now about the source code. You should know that the code is not commented. I've seen multiple feedback from Delphi programmers that the code is clean and easy to read and understand. However, with my limited Pascal experience, I could tell you that it would be a challenge for me. I could really use a "map" of all the code modules that shows the relationships (who calls what). Maybe that could be a project for some of us here.

Finally, the rendering source code is (apparently) missing. It seems like they are using a 3rd party DLL, which is in a compiled form. I have not gone in to personnally confirm this, but my source is a reliable one.

Hope that helps.
HowardPDF View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardPDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 05 at 2:40PM
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
HJB
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 05 at 4:05PM
   Always happy to help a fellow Canuck! (I am originally from Ottawa)

Edited by Michel_K17
Pirmin View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 06 at 1:04AM

Hi Michel_K17

You wrote "Finally, the rendering source code is (apparently) missing." I'm not sure if that's true.
Wouldn't this mean that, having the source code, you couldn't rebuild the library dll?

I do have the source code, but I have never rebuilt the dll, because I still don't know how to do this in Delphi.

I have bought a site license with the source code included, because I thought if iSED would disapear one day, it's the only possibility to debug and maybe even patch the library when necessary. If one part is missing, I can't do that.

On the iSED Purchase page, for the Site license there is the note "Including full source code".
If it wouldn't be the full source code, I think the Site license owners would have (theoreticaly) the right to claim back the money they have paid.

Another point is, in the source files I can find one that's named uPDFRenderer.pas.
I don't know, if there is the full functionality for rendering. It could be.

I now have got a Delphi 2005 Personal Edition. When I have time, I will try to rebuild the dll.
Maybe someone has a short description how to do this, using the IDE or preferably using command line tools (compiler, linker, make or whatever)?

Best regards,
Pirmin

Edited by Pirmin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic